Today was one such day and the calls took less than 10 minutes – definitely a good news day. Even the conversation with my banker was pleasant. I wanted to know if and when my parents are going to Pakistan to be with the nephew and are they all packed, who is/are footing the bills, if my agents have found someone to rent my place in Kota Damansara, what will happen to my car while my dad is in Pakistan, if my banker has come to get my document from Cik Yah and if she has started the processing. I also wanted to tell the family about change of address and the job, my classes and maybe get some tips on how to study econ from my aunt.
After the conversation, I walked to the Chinese shop across the street from the Metro Station to buy a pair of gloves – the weather is definitely cold enough. I chose a brown pair and a matching head gear to keep my head warm, paid the EUR4.50 (thank you, China) and walked a few shops down the block to the Turkish kebab place that makes fantastic kebab. As usual, the guy who assured me on my first visit that they only use chicken and turkey charged me 30 cents less than everyone else – I call it my 'sconti musulmana'.
Said goodbye, got out, walked the 300 meters to 'home'. It was a beautiful day – still cold, but the sky is blue and the sun was shining. I couldnt help but think about what my aunt said today, that I my life path has been made smoother by God through agents - there are always people who wants to help or just help make things better. And I am thankful – how many people can take a year off to chase a dream that might or might not become a reality? Sure, there are costs, but they are not insurmountable and at least I actually have the opportunity. I am doing exactly what I want to do and not just sitting in an office somewhere wishing I can do it.
I really dont have anything to complain about in this life. Of course there are challenges, what kind of life it would be without those? And isnt it the knowledge that you have overcame these challenges in spite of everthing that gives a little spring to your steps? I know I whine a bit, it's a bad habit I enjoy, but at the end of the day I love my life. And sure, there are things that I would like to have or situation that I would like to be in, but not having and being there doesnt make this less beautiful or me less thankful. Maybe it will come one day, these dreams I have, and having that hope is already a wondeful feeling. I love my life.

I know some people who dont even realise how lucky they are. I dont want to be like that. In this case, I'd rather be effusive in my thanks than to look cool. I am conscious of the fact that I am blessed, both in loving my life and in realising that I love my life.
All photos published by The Treedweller. All Rights Reserved. If you want to use it, drop a line to thetreedweller@gmail.com.
2 comments:
its all bout' seeking solace in whichever space ur standing in, whichever situation we're facing with...
enjoy ur time there ;)
was reminded of a presentation from one of our seniors last night about resilience and how some people can overcome and bounce back from trauma and some cant. it was not in the list of characteristics, but i think being thankful is one of the reason some people survive bad situation. because you keep thinking "thank god, it was not worse" and "wow, imagine if i had gone a few steps more".
:)
and sue, i have forgotten about them in my excitement about my move! i really want to try this one out :) simpan la duit, come see me here.
Post a Comment