Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cleaning Act: Of Hairy Plotter and New Year Solution

Starting from Christmas until the second last day of 2008, i am taking over Thais' shifts as she will be busy having fun in Turkey before meeting me in Athens to take a freakishly small plane to celebrate our New Year in Mykonos. Yes, the Malayzy Juya is cleaning house. There is God, i guess.

So far, I think I have done quite well. Striked a deal with Scott (Thais' house cleaning partner) that I will do almost all the cleaning, toilets included, leaving him with taking the trash out and bringing the dirty sheets down, if he will do my half of waiting at the desk for guests until the wee hours of the morning. As I have been trained by the best (scary seniors) in cleaning house every sunday for 5 years while in TKC (boarding school), the cleaning of the whole 2 apartment units takes me less than 2 hours. pretty good deal, huh, considering our shifts are 10-hour-a-day shift?

As a compulsive bed-maker, I love my time out making sure the beds are looking sharp. If I get bored waiting, i will take out a sheet and make the beds one by one, the unmade beds rationed like coveted pleasure not to be touched by Scott. He loves it that I love making beds so much!

Toilets though are another matter all together. I mean, can someone tell me how can a shower gets clogged by hair so quickly? And especially when room 24 has only 3 male guests, all with short hair. And what's with these hair? Do we actually need them? A human being lose 40-100 hair a day, that's a lot of protein going to waste, think about all the wasted consumed soy tempe, salisbury steaks and canned tuna. Evolution-wise, humans have so much hair to keep the pre-historic humans warm - that's why white men are so hairy and brown people are brown. We have now the ability to manipulate hair of other species into clothings for our species and synthetically manufacture warm textiles, do we need all these follicle-born keratinous filaments sapping the protein out of our skin? I beg of you to seriously consider these possibilities - thin haired women will no longer harbour envious feelings towards their big-haired-sister, excessive haircare products will cease to annoy us in elevators and and male pattern baldness will dissapear from psychology text books as a cause of self-esteem issue in men over 35.

I therefore move to vote for genetically modified hairless babies starting new year 2009. Trust me, their mothers/cleaners and subsequently wives/cleaners who will clean their toilets will thank you for it.

Happy New Year everyone!

Love:J

All photos published by The Treedweller. All Rights Reserved. If you want to use it, drop a line to thetreedweller@gmail.com.

No comments: