Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There is such thing as a free lunch!

Sometimes I get scared at how often my wishes are granted. Yes, I almost always get what i want. And I am scared.

Mostly I am scared that I am using up all my good lucks on bad wishes and that one day i will not get the one wish that is really good, partly I am scared that what I wish for may not be the best thing for me. And also I am scared that maybe I am special - oh, the pressure of obligation and expectation!

After a day of training at cleaning house in Gulliver's House, which is where I was supposed to start work last week, I was told that a girl who used to work there who left for Barcelona is back and they are giving her the job. I have no job. In normal situation, this news could be devastating to a job seeker. But as you know, my main cause of living in this hostel is to escape the dump. The money, although definitely attractive, is not the issue and I can do without the additonal time-sucking component of my daily life. They are still looking to fit me somewhere, but it will not be anytime this month.

So here I am, living in a hostel free of charge, helping Thais here and there when she is too tired and earning pocket money. And it was not even my fault! Perfetto!

Hmmm...It's just scary how perfectly things fall into place.

All photos published by The Treedweller. All Rights Reserved. If you want to use it, drop a line to thetreedweller@gmail.com.

No comments: