Let me be honest with you, I have almost give up on Italy and Italians, and i think i have not been too secretive or diplomatic about it. I have to say that am dissappointed by what I found in Rome, and I am not the only one. A friend found himself wanting to shove little old ladies dragging grocery shopping roller-bags aside on his way to class, and he was shocked that he has turned so uncaring and rude. Osmosis, we think.
However, last weekend's little trip to northern Italy has changed my mind. I went to Milan, Verona and Venice and realised that perhaps I was too harsh to scrunch my nose when i speak of them. Italians aren't that bad. In fact, I think i fell in love with some of them - met some really interesting ones while on the road, people who could make you love who they are in just 10 minutes.
my bad for judging them too soon. i dont have to love them, but perhaps if i can keep my mind open, it wouldnt be too bad. after all, it is a big country.
You know how we become the worst version of ourselves when we are tired? I am just saying, maybe the Romans are just tired. Maybe when we lose out identity imitating others in the name of being modern and cool, we just became a shell of our former selves without the glory of our former selves.
so, now, i am just going to navigate this year, cobbled streets and beyond! See ya around!
All photos published by The Treedweller. All Rights Reserved. If you want to use it, drop a line to thetreedweller@gmail.com.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment